How to run the Dell 32-Bit Diagnostics to troubleshoot the different components in a PowerEdge Server
As explained on the dedicated Dell 32-Bits diagnostics page, Dell 32-bit Diagnostics is designed to verify proper operation of the hardware in your Dell PowerEdge or Dell PowerEdge C system outside of the operating system. The article below details the steps to follow to use this tool on your Dell PowerEdge server to diagnose hardware issues.
Follow the steps below to run online diagnostics on your Dell PowerEdge Server:
- Download the Dell 32-bit diagnostic tool from the Dell Support page, in the Diagnostics category of the Drivers and Download page.
- You can also use the link on the dedicated Dell 32-Bits diagnostics page.
- For Windows Server, you should download the version called Hard-Drive.
- For Linux, you should download the version called GnuPG Signature for Linux Update Package.
- Run the program and review the different options to install tool.
- You can create the diagnostics on the media of your choice (Figure 1 (English-only)).
- For Linux, set the execution rights with chmod + x Exxxxxxx.bin.
Figure 1: Determine Which Media to Use
Once done, restart the server and boot from the selected media.
To start the graphical interface of the 32bit diagnostics tool, select 4 Quit and run the command ddgui from the prompt (Figure 2 (English-only)).
Figure 2: Quit and Run ddgui
In the new window, select Custom Test from the menu and a new menu page will appear (Figure 3 (English-only)).
Figure 3: Choosing Custom Test
In the right pane, activate all options. If you booted from a USB memory stick, add a file name for the test results in the right pane, for example Results.txt.
In the left pane, a tree structure of the system appears. Either select the entire system or select the components to be tested (Example: hard drive).
Click Run Tests to start the test (Figure 4 (English-only)).
Figure 4: Running the Test
After the test, you should take a screenshot or a photo of the test results to be used for further troubleshooting.Note: If you have started the server from a USB stick, close the graphical interface and copy the file containing the results using the DOS command "copy" onto the USB stick (Figure 5 (English-only)).
Figure 5: Copy to USB Stick (for this example, Disk C:)
|»||How to run the Dell 32-Bit Diagnostics to troubleshoot the different components in a PowerEdge Server||김병수||2019.10.03||29|
|4||DELL 제품 Warranty 확인 방법||김병수||2019.10.03||20|
|3||[DELL] M1000e CMC IP 접속 방법||김병수||2019.10.03||24|
|2||[DELL / RAID] DELL PERC H700 Integrated firmware release 12.10.7-0001||김병수||2019.10.03||818|
|1||[DELL] Intel 취약점(CVE-2017-5705, CVE-2017-5708, CVE-2017-5711, CVE-2017-5712, CVE-2017-5706, CVE-2017-5709, CVE-2017-5707, CVE-2017-5710)||김병수||2019.10.03||21|