Replace the model 9116-561 or 570 power supply with power off
Learn how to replace the power supply with the system power off.
If your system is managed by the Hardware Management Console (HMC), use the HMC to complete the steps for replacing a power supply. For instructions, see Replace a part using the Hardware Management Console.
To replace the power supply while the system power is off, complete the following steps:
- To remove the power supply, see Remove the model 9116-561 or 570 power supply with power off.
- With the terra-cotta locking knob and the locking handle in the open position, place the new power supply in the power supply bay.
- Push the power supply A into place.
- Close the locking handle B, and then push the locking knob C into the closed position.
- Reconnect the power cable to the back of the power supply by routing it through the ring, if provided.
- Start the system or logical partition.
- Note the state of the light-emitting diodes (LEDs) on the power supply. For more information, read Power supply LEDs. If the LEDs indicate the power supply is operating normally, that is both of the green LEDs are on solid (not blinking), continue to the next step. If not, remove the power supply from the system and repeat the procedure starting with step 2. If, after repeating the procedure, the power supply is not operating normally, contact your service provider.
- Close the back rack door.