Replace a part using the Hardware Management Console
You might need to use the Hardware Management Console to replace a part in your managed system. Use the procedure in this section to accomplish this task.
To use the Hardware Management Console Version 6 or earlier, follow these steps, 1
- In the navigation area, expand the Management Environment.
- Expand the managed system in which you are replacing a part.
- Expand Service Applications.
- Select Service Focal Point.
- In the contents area, select Repair Serviceable Event.
- Select the system and click OK.
- In the window, click the problem number for the part you want to replace.
- Follow the instructions to replace the part.
Note: The HMC might open the information center instructions for replacing the part. If so, follow these instructions to replace the part.
Exchange a part using the HMC Version 7
- In the navigation area, expand Systems Management.
- Expand Servers.
- Select the managed system in which you are exchanging a part.
- In the Tasks area expand Serviceability.
- Expand Hardware.
- Select Exchange FRU.
- In the Replace Hardware - Replace FRU, Select FRU Type window select the system or enclosure in which you will exchange a part from the list.
- Select the type of part you will exchange from the menu and click Next.
- Select the location code of the part you will exchange from the menu and click Add.
- Once the part is listed in Pending Actions click Launch Procedure and follow the instructions to exchange the part.
Note: The HMC might open external instructions for replacing the part. If so, follow these instructions to replace the part.