Remove the model 9116-561 or 570 power supply with power on
You might need to remove the power supply with the system power on to replace a failing power supply or as a part of another service action. Use the procedure in this section to accomplish this task.
- FC 1800 - HSL-2 Ports - 2 Copper
- FC 1801 - HSL-2 Ports - 2 Optical
- FC 1810 - GX Dual-port 4x HCA
If your system is managed by the Hardware Management Console (HMC), you can use the HMC to complete the steps for removing a power supply. For instructions, see Remove a part using the Hardware Management Console.
To remove the power supply while the system power is on, complete the following steps:
- Perform the prerequisite tasks described in Before you begin.
- On a rack-mounted system unit, open the back rack door.
- Identify the power supply that needs to be replaced. For instructions, see Identify a failing part.
- Disconnect the power cable from the back of the power supply that you want to remove.
- As shown in Figure 1, pull the terra-cotta locking knob A into the open position.
Figure 1. Power supply unlocked
- Lift the locking handle A (see Figure 2) into the open position, and then use the locking handle to pull the power supply out of the system B.
Figure 2. Remove the power supply from a system unitNote: When you remove a power supply with the system power on, an error is logged. No action is required for this error.